The 1 South West Project has been funded by the Rural Development Program for England to help the development of the tourism industry across the region.
Through promotion of the Project across the region, from trail way markers to public events, the Project raises the awareness of the region as a destination that caters for adventurous off-road cycling.
Whilst raising this awareness we need to ensure that as many businesses as possible benefit.
If you are connected with an off-road cycling business, from hire, sales, repair, then please keep up-to-date with this website and upload your details to our Interactive Map. This map will help visitors to locate and use businesses close to the area they are visiting. We would like all businesses listed to sign up to our voluntary codes:
Cycle Hire Voluntary Code:
- Our cycles are safe and legal to use.
- All cycles and accessories are checked between each use, cleaned if necessary and kept in good working order.
- We keep proper records of cycle use and maintenance.
- A lock*, bell, safe means of carrying luggage* and repair kit and/or mobile assistance will be provided upon request. (* = optional)
- Helmets to be available and will be safe and clean.
- Our cycles are suitable for their purpose and our descriptions of them are accurate.
- We aim to provide the correct size of cycle and will adjust it to fit you.
- We will provide instruction and advice about how to use the cycle, where to ride and cycling safety.
Cycle Sales Voluntary Code:
- Cycles available include hybrids or mountain bikes, not solely road bikes.
- Cycle servicing covers ACT Level 1 service items or CTC Fleet Management service as a minimum.
- If providing mechanical support, repair service or servicing, experienced technicians are used.
- Ideally at least one member of staff qualified to Cytech level 1 or CTC Fleet Maintenance.
- Ideally Membership of the Association of Cycle Traders, Silver level or above.